Sunday, January 31, 2016

Another EYFS /KS1 computing app

I have been playing with the Foos this morning and it's another nice free app for EYFS and KS1. 


It uses drag and drop blocks that scaffold learning. 


You can change the direction of your blocks by clicking on them, then select from arrows.


After you have mastered basic walking and jumping, it introduces the repeat command.



That's as far as I've got at the moment, but I can see that children will enjoy playing with it from what I have played. I will try it with my mini digital leaders next week. It requires some computational thinking, though doesn't challenge like other apps by asking children to think too much about direction. This is good for the children who find apps such as Beebot too challenging. 

 My only other criticism so far is that you don't have to be overly precise with the jumping/adding blocks. I was successful even when my code wasn't quite accurate. A nice start to early coding though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be patient, your comment will be posted once moderated.